These maple roasted brussels sprouts are so unbelievably good, and something about adding candied pecans and dried cranberries makes them seem more festive for the season.
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (or oil of choice)
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 3 TB butter
- 1/2 cup candied pecans (optional)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Toss Brussels sprouts and oil in large bowl and season with salt and pepper
- Arrange brussels cut side down on baking sheet and toast until softened and browned, about 25-30 minutes.
- Meanehile, bring maple syrup to a simmer in a saucepan. Remove from heat and add vinegar to saucepan. Return to heat. Add butter and 1/2 tsp salt. Stir constantly for 3-4 minutes until glaze is bubbly and slightly thickened.
- When Brussels sprouts have finished cooking, put them in a large bowl and toss with glaze. Transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with pecans and cranberries.