I hadn’t made these chocolate nut butter balls in a while, and they were even better than I remember them being last time. They have just the right amount of crunch in the middle!
•1 cup nut or peanut butter of choice
•1 TB butter
•5 TB coconut flour
•1/2 cup rice crisps (Any rice crispy type cereal would work)
•Dash of vanilla
•Pinch of sea salt
•1 9 oz bag dark chocolate chips (or dark chocolate bar)
•2 tsp - 1 TB coconut oil (more coconut oil makes the chocolate smoother and easier to work with, but then you could taste the coconut oil)
1) Melt together nut butter and butter.
2) Mix in the rest of the ingredients except for the chocolate and coconut oil.
3) Drop nut butter mixture by spoonful onto parchment paper. You may want to freeze slightly before doing this, depending on how runny your nut butter was.
4) Place nut butter balls in the freezer for 30-60 minutes. (This just makes them easier to dip in the chocolate.)
5) Melt together the chocolate and coconut oil
6) Remove nut butter balls from freezer. Dip each ball into chocolate mixture and set on parchment paper. Put in freezer to set. (I then drizzled leftover chocolate over top to make them look more decorative.) Store in refrigerator.