We have delicious peaches in season right now, so I combined them with bacon, and turned it into this delicious peach and bacon bruschetta combo! So great for an appetizer or snack. They don’t have to be served hot, so you can make them a couple hours in advance if you want to serve them as an appetizer.
•sourdough loaf or baguette, sliced
•2 peaches, cut into wedges
•3 TB oil (I use this avocado oil.)
•handful of baby arugula
•balsamic glaze to drizzle on top
You can use your grill for this, but I just used a grill pan on my stove, and used the same pan for everything.
1. Cook bacon on the grill pan over medium heat until crisp. Set bacon aside.
2. Add the arugula to the pan and cook briefly until it begins to wilt, and remove from pan.
3. Toss peaches in a bowl with 1 TB of oil and sprinkle with salt. Use the remaining 2 TB of oil to brush on both sides of the sourdough slices.
4. Grill the peaches in the grill pan until softened, about a minute on each side. Remove from pan and grill the bread on each side.
5. Top each slice of bread with some of the peach mixture, bacon, arugula, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. (Buy a glaze or you can make your own by reducing balsamic vinegar.)