I don’t know about anyone else, but I like the filling of a chocolate pie more than the pie with the crust, so I decided to turn a French silk pie into a French silk pudding instead! I made mine a deep, dark chocolate without a lot of sugar, but you can adjust the amount of sugar to your liking!
- 6 ounces unsweetened (or bittersweet) baking chocolate
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup real cane sugar (increase up to 3/4 cup, depending on preference)
- 2 TB additional cane sgar
- 4 room temperature eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Melt chocolate in double broiler and then remove from heat.
- Whip the cream with 2 TB of sugar until firm peaks are formed. Refrigerate.
- Beat the butter and 1/4 cup (or more) of sugar until light and fluffy. Slowly add the melted chocolate, vanilla and salt, mixing until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat each one thoroughly before adding the next.
- Gently fold in 1/2 the whipped cream mixture until smooth and well combined.
- Scoop the mixture into one large serving bowl or individual serving bowls and top with the remaining whipped cream.