This is such a delicious and simple way to use up extra sourdough starter!
- 1 1/4 cups sourdough starter
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 2 TB coconut sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 apple, peeled and sliced
- 4 TB butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a bowl, combine starter, eggs, milk, sugar, and salt
- Melt butter in 10-inch cast iron skillet on stovetop and add sliced apples. Sauté for a couple of minutes to soften the apples
- Removed from stovetop and pour sourdough mixture over the apples
- Place in oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Top with maple syrup and/or toppings of choice. Shown here with Greek yogurt and maple syrup.