It was a cold, rainy weekend that called for warmer clothes, boots, and comfort food...like this creamy macaroni and cheese with broccoli. I like to add shredded BBQ chicken on top!
- 16 ounces pasta of choice
- 2 cups broccoli
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups whole milk (I use raw milk)
- 4 TB butter
- 4 cups grated cheese (I use grassfed cheese and grate it myself. Pre-grated cheese is grainy.)
- 1 tsp salt
- Cook pasta according to directions until al dente.
- 2 minutes prior to the pasta being done, add the broccoli to the pasta to cook.
- Drain pasta and broccoli and use the pasta pot to make the cheese sauce.
- Combine all the other ingredients to make creamy cheese sauce. Add pasta and broccoli back to the pot and combine well. Serve immediately.