When was the last time your kids (or you!) ate gummy bears that were loaded with high-quality protein helpful for healing gut disorders, as well as naturally occurring vitamin C (not isolated or synthetic which has negative effects), and immune-boosting adaptogenic herbs? Maybe never? I can help you change that! I made these super simple gummy bears as a treat for my kids for Easter and they were a HUGE hit. My kids see them as candy that I'm actually letting them eat (yes, they do contain fruit juice), but they are also whole-food supplements full of incredible health benefits! Win-win.
First, these gummies are loaded with high-quality protein because they're made with grass-fed gelatin, which is essential for gut health, joint health, skin health, and so much more. We try to get as much gelatin/collagen into our diet as possible.
Next, they're loaded with a superfood blend of immune-boosting and inflammation fighting adaptogenic herbs, and a whole-food source of vitamin C from acerola cherries. (It's important to note that almost ALL of the vitamin C in supplements, even "whole-food based" vitamin C, is actually made in a lab and is synthetic, which can cause genetic damage. That's why I avoid other vitamin C supplements.)
Foursigmatic has a variety of amazing blends of mushrooms, herbs, and superfoods that we love to throw into our smoothies every single day. The beauty blend is perfect for the gummy bears because the berries in it make it a sweeter blend than the others. It contains schisandra berries and acerola cherries (major vitamin C bomb), tremella extract (a mushroom that's rich in vitamin D), astragalus root (powerful immune booster), and milk thistle (antioxidant and liver detoxifier).
Superfood Gummy Bears
- 1 cup organic fruit juice (use different juices for different flavored gummies)
- 4 TB grassfed gelatin (The brand I use is 100% grassfed and has ZERO flavor. Find it here or here.)
- 2 TB raw honey (This is optional, and you may need more or less depending on the flavor juice you use)
- 2 tsp Foursigmatic Superfood Beauty Blend (use code healthyhomehelp for 10% off purchase)
- Optional Addition for a Stronger Flavor - a few drops of lemon or orange essential oil
- Gummy Bear Mold (I used this one)
- Put juice and honey in a saucepan and whisk gelatin in until there are no lumps.
- Heat over low heat until gelatin has dissolved and mixture is nice and liquidy
- Whisk in superfood mix and any flavor additions
- Use the included droppers to pour mixture into gummy bear mold. (You can also make larger gummies in other shapes, depending on what molds you have. Or, you can pour mixture into a basic pan and then just cut into shapes. That would be much faster than pouring into individual gummy bear molds, just not as cute. :))
- Put molds into refrigerator to firm up. Pop out of molds and store in refrigerator.
Each recipe made 150 small gummy bears using the gummy bear molds that I have.