I don't understand all the banana bread recipes that call for lots of added sugar. Bananas are so sweet as it is that it's entirely unnecessary to add sugar to get a delicious loaf of banana bread. This sprouted spelt version with NO refined sugar (except for the optional sprinkling of chocolate chips on top) is easy, healthy, and delicious. Ingredients:
- 1.5 cups organic sprouted flour (or substitute gluten-free flour)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder (aluminum free)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick melted butter (or substitute with coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup raw milk or yogurt or non-dairy alternative
- 2 eggs
- 2 mashed ripe organic bananas
- 1 TB organic maple syrup (grade b)
- 1 tsp organic vanilla
Mix together all the wet ingredients, and then stir in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Pour into loaf pan and sprinkle with dark chocolate chips if desired. (Enjoy life chocolate chips are a great choice.) Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.
I highly recommend topping with grassfed butter and drizzling some chocolate hazelnut butter!